Many oral conditions and body health problems are related. At Dr. Villani’s dental office, we will take a full health analysis to determine what problems you have and if something in your mouth is causing trouble. We may also ask you about your family medical history to determine your risk of certain conditions. Be prepared to answer some of the following questions.
Health and Medical Problems
Pregnancy is related to gum disease, headaches may be a sign of TMJ, and some medications can cause dry mouth. These are a few examples of how your systemic health connects to oral health.
- Do you have high blood pressure or high cholesterol?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have any heart conditions?
- Do you have any type of cancer?
- Do you have a history of alcoholism?
- Do you have a history of tobacco?
- Are you pregnant?
- Date of last doctor visit.
- Do you have any mental illnesses or disabilities?
- Do you have any physical disabilities?
- Do you have a history of obesity?
- What medications are you currently taking and what are they for?
- Do you get a lot of headaches?
Any changes in your mouth could be the result of tooth decay, gum disease, or oral cancer. Maintaining proper oral hygiene can help protect your mouth.
- What was the date of last dentist visit?
- Do you have any pain in your mouth?
- Do you have any mouth sores?
- Do you have any unexplained changes in your mouth?
- Do your gums bleed?
- Do you have any loose or missing teeth?
- Have you had a history of gum disease?
- Do you have any current dental work, such as fillings, crowns, or implants?
- How often do you floss?
- How often do you brush?
Filling out patient forms is for your own safety. A full medical health assessment can give Dr. Villani the information he needs to keep your mouth healthy. Contact Brighton Family Dental Group in Brighton, MA, at (617) 562-5210 to schedule an appointment.