Do you think you’ve finally figured out how to approach Thanksgiving, while protecting your oral health? The easiest way to find out is to ask the important questions! For instance, do you know which foods are okay for your smile and which are not so wonderful? Do you know how to enjoy the foods you love without putting your smile in harm’s way? We can help you prepare (and find out the answers to these questions) with our holiday quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: When you sit down at the table, remember that every single food in front of you will contribute to oral health problems like decay. As a result, there’s no need to choose thoughtfully.
- True or False: If you want to eat dessert, you will not be able to do so without practically guaranteeing a cavity is going to form.
- True or False: Since Thanksgiving is a special time, it’s okay to avoid using treatments like Invisalign for just a day. There won’t be any significant consequences.
- False. The foods that contain carbohydrates and sugar and those that are acidic in nature will be the culprits leading to issues like decay and erosion. Foods that are not acidic, free of sugar, and that do not contain carbohydrates are a safer bet. Vegetables, protein (like turkey), cheese, and non-acidic fruits are all safe.
- False. Your oral health depends on more than just the foods you select. Go ahead and eat the apple pie. Just remember to rinse your mouth with water after the dessert. Follow the rinsing with a brushing session a half hour later.
- False. Remember, your oral health and the progress of dental treatments will not change just because it’s Thanksgiving. Also, remember to continue your usual dental care, including the use of Invisalign trays or otherwise, for a smile-safe holiday.