Tooth loss can affect millions of people in the United States. When you suffer from missing teeth you may have difficulty eating or speaking. In order to replace lost teeth you may benefit from a prosthesis, such as a dental implant. There are multiple benefits of receiving dental implants.
The Benefits of Implant Dentistry in Brighton, MA
- They are strong: Other dental prostheses, such as dental bridges and dentures, require periodic adjustment or even replacement about every five to ten years. However, a dental implant is a strong option that does not require frequent adjustments.
- Implants preserve your facial structure: When you lose one or more teeth your facial structure can become altered as the body stops supplying the jawbone near the missing teeth with key nutrients. Known as facial collapse, the deterioration of the jawbone can lead to an aged appearance.
- The replacement teeth look natural: We design the restorations that top the implant based on impressions taken of your smile. We also use lifelike ceramic to create the restorations. This material reflects light in a similar manner as natural enamel, so your new tooth looks completely lifelike.
- We can use them to replace more than on tooth: In addition to replacing a single tooth we can help ease tooth loss in patients who require dentures. By placing multiple implants in one or both arches we can secure a full set of dentures. This means a fixed prosthesis that will not slip or require the use of adhesives.
- They are long lasting: On average, a dental implant can provide 25 years of tooth replacement. In some cases they have been known to last even longer. If you have any questions we urge you to contact our office for a consultation.
ABOUT YOUR BRIGHTON DENTISTS:
Located in Brighton, MA, Brighton Family Dental Group features experienced dentists and an excellent range of in-office treatments for every member of your family who needs dental care. If you’d like to learn more, you can schedule an appointment or consultation with Dr. Thomas Villani or Dr. Richard Kondrat by calling our office at (617) 562-5210.