Can you remember the last time you received an oral cancer screening? What happens during an oral cancer screening? We recommend a screening as part of a dental exam. As an adult, you should undergo a routine exam regularly to ensure optimal oral and overall health.
Brighton, MA Oral Cancer Screening Quiz
- True or False: You receive a screening as part of a checkup.
- True or False: You should have a checkup twice a year.
- True or False: Catching the disease in the earliest stages boosts the chances of recovery.
- True or False: We will also look for signs of gum disease.
- True. During a checkup, the dentist will watch for any indicators of possible dental health issues. This includes looking for any possible indicators of oral cancer. This may include rough spots or red and white splotches in the mouth. If the doctor notices anything, he may order a biopsy.
- True. The American Dental Association suggests that adults receive a checkup once every six months. What may seem like a minor visit is actually crucial for ensuring you maintain a healthy and whole smile. If you need to schedule a checkup, then please contact our office at your earliest convenience.
- True. Each year, over 43,000 people are diagnosed with oral cancer. Of that number, nearly half will succumb to the disease within five years. The high mortality rate is often due to the fact that the disease isn’t discovered until the late stages. By uncovering the presence of the disease early, you can increase the chances of a full recovery.
- True. We also look for the earliest warning signs of gum disease. Sore gums, bleeding, bad breath, and loose teeth are indicators of the presence of oral cancer.
ABOUT YOUR BRIGHTON DENTISTS:
Located in Brighton, MA, Brighton Family Dental Group features experienced dentists and an excellent range of in-office treatments for every member of your family who needs dental care. If you’d like to learn more, you can schedule an appointment or consultation with Dr. Thomas Villani or Dr. Richard Kondrat by calling our office at (617) 562-5210.