Uneven teeth can place your oral health at risk of gum disease and tooth decay. Misalignment makes thorough brushing and flossing difficult, providing convenient hiding places for oral bacteria and stray food particles. To enjoy a more attractive smile and protect your smile from cavities and dental disease, you should seek orthodontic treatment. With Invisalign, we offer a barely noticeable alternative to metal braces. But how does Invisalign work?
- True or False: You must wear an aligner every day.
- True or False: You can remove the aligners before you eat.
- True or False: We will exam your smile to see if you qualify.
- True or False: The aligners will be custom-made.
- True. The aligners are worn between 20 and 22 hours every day. About every two weeks, you will upgrade to a new set as your teeth are gently realigned. The entire treatment period will take around a year for adults but teens may need up to 18 months for treatment.
- True. Being able to remove your braces before a meal means you don’t have to worry about certain foods damaging your orthodontics or becoming trapped in them, which can increase the risk of tooth decay. Another benefit of removable braces is easier brushing and flossing. You can better protect your smile from dental disease and cavities with through brushing and flossing.
- True. To qualify, you will need to be over the age of 15 and have minor misalignment. We will thoroughly exam your teeth to decide if this is the best option for correcting your crooked or crowded teeth.
- True. We will take impressions of your teeth, which will be used at a special Invisalign lab to fabricate your series of aligners.
ABOUT YOUR BRIGHTON DENTISTS:
Located in Brighton, MA, Brighton Family Dental Group features experienced dentists and an excellent range of in-office treatments for every member of your family who needs dental care. If you’d like to learn more, you can schedule an appointment or consultation with Dr. Thomas Villani or Dr. Richard Kondrat by calling our office at (617) 562-5210.