If your teeth are stained, chipped, misaligned, uneven, gapped, or flawed in any way, Dr. Villani can hide your imperfections with a beautiful set of porcelain veneers. This cosmetic dental treatment can brighten, straighten, and beautify your smile in just two short visits to our Brighton dentist office. Here’s a handy fact sheet and explanations to the commonly asked questions about veneers.
- What are veneers? Veneers are thin, hand-crafted pieces of porcelain or ceramic material. Dr. Villani will bond the material to the front of your teeth to instantly enhance your smile.
- What is the process for receiving veneers? At your initial visit, Dr. Villani will buff and shape the surface of your teeth. He will take impressions of your teeth to determine the correct color, shape, and size of your veneers. After you leave, a dental ceramist will sculpt your veneers to fit your specifications. You will then come in to our Brighton dentist office for placement. Dr. Villani will apply a durable bonding cement and use a light beam to harden the material to your teeth.
- How long do veneers last? Your porcelain shell is very durable and resistant to chips and stains, giving you a smile that will last for years. However, heavy crunching and grinding can wear away your porcelain coating, and dark foods can stain the white material. Dr. Villani may choose to touch-up your veneers at your bi-annual dental appointments.
- Do veneers look natural? Each veneer is handmade and sculpted to fit your mouth. A professional ceramist will design and create your veneers to look like natural tooth enamel.
- How can veneers improve my smile? Porcelain veneers are attached to the outer surface of your teeth, so they can hide discolorations, gaps, chips, crowns, odd spaces, and other surface imperfections.
Teeth whitening can brighten your smile and Invisalign can straighten your smile, but porcelain veneers can do it all. If you’re considering a smile makeover in Brighton, visit Dr. Villani to see if you’re a good candidate for veneers. Contact Brighton Family Dental Group in Brighton, MA, at (617) 562-5210 to schedule a cosmetic consultation. We welcome patients from Brighton, Watertown, Cambridge, Brookline, Newton, and the surrounding communities.