With 2019 just a few days away, you’re probably thinking about your New Years Resolutions. What changes do you want to make in your life? Well, with a few minor changes to your daily routine, you could ensure your smile stays healthier and brighter in the upcoming year. Find out how from your Brighton, MA, dentist!
Tips for Healthier Smiles
- Have Your Teeth Examined: You should have a checkup every six months. A checkup enables the dentist to monitor your oral health, examining your teeth, gums, and oral tissues with advanced technology. We then identify any developing problems and address them before they progress.
- Don’t Forget Your Cleanings: During the same visit, we also clean the teeth. A dental cleaning removes all plaque and tartar from the teeth, protecting the smile from the onset of tooth decay and gum disease, while also fighting teeth stains and halitosis.
- Brushing Twice a Day: When you brush your teeth, you help remove food particles and limit how much plaque accumulates on the teeth. You should brush when you wake up and again before going to bed, with each session lasting about two minutes. We also suggest choosing a toothpaste that contains fluoride.
- Flossing: While brushing removes food stuck on your teeth, only flossing removes the bits caught between them. Flossing, along with brushing, helps reduce the risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Be sure you’re flossing every night before bed (or preferably, after each meal).
- Watch Out for Certain Foods and Drinks: Want to make a change that positively impacts your smile, overall health, and waistline? Then cut out the sodas, energy drinks, and sports drinks, and choose water instead. In addition, forgo candy and chips and instead pick fruit, veggies, yogurt, and nuts for a smile health snack!
Do You Have Any Questions?
At Brighton Family Dental Group, we want to work with you to help you enjoy better oral health all year long. You can schedule an appointment or consultation with Dr. Villani or Dr. Kondrat by reaching out to our office at (617) 562-5210. We are proud to offer a range of dental services to patients from Brighton, Watertown, Cambridge, Brookline, Newton, and all neighboring communities.