We often talk to patients desperate to correct their misalignment, but are still uneasy about metal braces. We understand, but we also don’t want your cosmetic concerns to stand between you and a healthier, straighter smile. Which is why we offer our Brighton, MA, patients orthodontic treatment with Invisalign® clear aligners.
Try Our Quiz on Invisalign® Clear Aligners
- True or False: Correcting misalignment improves oral health.
- True or False: The aligners will be clear.
- True or False: They fit comfortably.
- True or False: You can remove them.
- True. Uneven smiles increase the risk of tooth decay and gum disease, as the crowded and overlapping positions of the teeth make proper brushing and flossing difficult. Misalignment also places inordinate pressure on the jaw joints, which increases the chances of TMJ disorder and bruxism (teeth grinding), leading to uncomfortable symptoms and the risk of damaged teeth.
- True. The aligners will be made using a BPA-free plastic material. When worn, the aligners will be practically invisible. For teens and adults, this makes Invisalign® a preferred choice for correcting misalignment.
- True. The clear braces also fit comfortably. The patient will need to wear them for about 20 to 23 hours a day, upgrading to the next set about once every two weeks. Total treatment time usually takes a about a year, but the actual time will depend on whether the patient wears the clear braces as prescribed, as well as the severity of misalignment.
- True. You don’t need to change your diet, since you can remove the clear braces before each meal. Being removable also means an easier time brushing and flossing as well. If you have any questions about Invisalign®, then contact our team today.
Do You Have Questions About Invisalign®?
At Brighton Family Dental Group, we use clear aligners to correct the alignment of your smile. You can schedule an appointment or consultation with Dr. Villani or Dr. Kondrat by reaching out to our office at (617) 562-5210. We are proud to offer a range of dental services to patients from Brighton, Watertown, Cambridge, Brookline, Newton, and all neighboring communities.