Have you ever been mesmerized by a movie star’s dazzling smile and wished you had the same perfect grin? Here’s a Hollywood secret: Many of the perfect smiles we see on the red carpet or cinema screen are the result of porcelain veneers! While some starlets may be naturally blessed with beautiful teeth, the truth is that many of the perfect celebrity smiles we see are perfect because of porcelain veneers. You too can achieve a smile makeover with veneers. Consider these facts about porcelain veneers.
Learn the Facts About Porcelain Veneers
1. Porcelain veneers are handcrafted thin porcelain shells that cover the front of teeth to transform their shape and appearance. Because of their high-end material and thin nature, they feel comfortable and natural in your mouth.
2. Veneers are customized to your mouth and your desired smile needs. Your cosmetic dentist designs the veneers based on your unique needs, then the veneers are carefully crafted by a dental ceramist. Finally, your dentist will secure the veneers into place.
3. Veneers are made of fine, non-staining dental porcelain. This porcelain is resilient and beautiful with a sheen, so the veneers mimic both the natural look and reliable durability of your real tooth enamel.
4. Your natural teeth often need to be filed down before the veneers are applied. This process is done to make room in your mouth for the veneers so that they fit perfectly over your natural teeth. You don’t want anyone to notice your veneers because they’re irregularly oversized in your mouth. Refining the natural teeth first allows for the porcelain veneers to lay comfortably and look natural in your mouth.
5. Porcelain veneers can be used to add length to your teeth, add width, refine edges, adjust the shape, fill in gaps, correct cracks, smooth surfaces, and whiten teeth. If you want a complete smile transformation, porcelain veneers are often the best choice.
ABOUT YOUR BRIGHTON, MA, COSMETIC DENTISTS
Located in Brighton, MA, Brighton Family Dental Group features experienced dentists and an excellent range of in-office treatments for every member of your family who needs dental care. If you’d like to learn more, you can schedule an appointment or consultation with Dr. Thomas Villani or Dr. Richard Kondrat by calling our office at (617) 562-5210.