Do you have teeth that have become stained? Are you wondering: “How do I brighten my smile?” With cosmetic dentistry, we can help mask or remove discoloration so you can enjoy a brighter, more attractive smile.
Brighton, MA Cosmetic Dentistry Quiz
- True or False: You need to brush and floss each day.
- True or False: A dental cleaning can remove plaque buildup.
- True or False: You need to avoid drinks with dark pigments.
- True or False: We can transform your teeth with veneers.
- True. One way to limit the appearance of discoloration is with routine maintenance. You should brush your teeth twice a day, once in the morning and again before going to bed. We also advise patients to floss before going to bed. Removing food particles can limit plaque buildup, which makes stains more apparent.
- True. While brushing and flossing can limit discoloration and plaque buildup, only a dental cleaning can completely remove plaque. The cleaning involves removing buildup with a manual tool or an ultrasonic scaler. The teeth are then polished, removing minor stains and brightening the teeth. The American Dental Associations recommends a cleaning once every six months, not only for cosmetic reasons but to decrease the risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
- True. Drinks with dark pigments, such as soda, coffee, red wine, and tea, can cause discoloration to form on the teeth. In addition, smoking and tobacco use can also lead to unsightly teeth stains.
- True. To mask teeth stains we can place a thin shell of porcelain on the front of the teeth. Veneers mimic the appearance of tooth enamel and completely transform the appearance of the tooth. If you have any questions, contact our office today.
ABOUT YOUR BRIGHTON DENTISTS:
Located in Brighton, MA, Brighton Family Dental Group features experienced dentists and an excellent range of in-office treatments for every member of your family who needs dental care. If you’d like to learn more, you can schedule an appointment or consultation with Dr. Thomas Villani or Dr. Richard Kondrat by calling our office at (617) 562-5210.