Do you have smile that appears discolored? Do you have other esthetic imperfections that dull the appearance of your teeth? At Brighton Family Dental Group, we have a cosmetic procedure that can completely transform your smile in as little as two visits. Find out how you can brighten your smile with porcelain veneers.
Porcelain Veneers Quiz
- True or False: Veneers are custom-made.
- True or False: Porcelain looks like natural tooth enamel.
- True or False: You can change the appearance of the tooth.
- True or False: Veneers require minimal maintenance.
- True. Each restoration will be custom-made to ensure a lifelike appearance. The process begins with preparation: We will remove a thin layer of enamel. Afterwards, we will take impressions of the tooth. Using these impressions, a dental lab will fabricate the restoration from porcelain.
- True. We use this material for veneers, crowns, inlays, and onlays because the material mimics the translucent appearance of tooth enamel. In addition, porcelain can withstand major bite forces and is naturally stain-resistant.
- True. We may place a veneer in order to reshape a damaged or malformed tooth. They can also lengthen a worn down tooth, close gaps between teeth, mask permanent discoloration, and even correct the appearance of minor alignment issues. Once in place, they constantly change how your tooth looks.
- True. To care for your veneers you simply need to maintain good oral hygiene. You should brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once a day. We also recommend routine dental cleanings, which not only improves oral hygiene, but also allows the doctor to assess the state of your restoration. If you have any questions about caring for veneers or receiving a dental restoration, then contact our office.
ABOUT YOUR BRIGHTON DENTISTS:
Located in Brighton, MA, Brighton Family Dental Group features experienced dentists and an excellent range of in-office treatments for every member of your family who needs dental care. If you’d like to learn more, you can schedule an appointment or consultation with Dr. Thomas Villani or Dr. Richard Kondrat by calling our office at (617) 562-5210.